The Gecko II new is an example of the first type of robotic window cleaner Australia has been introduced to:
- The design is about 30cm long and 15 cm wide, and there are two microfiber pads about 15cm in diameter which adsorb onto the glass.
- The device will climb to the top of the window, alternately rotating the pads, until it bumps against the top of the window frame.
- And once the bump sensors detect the window frame, the robotic window cleaner will change direction, and start moving horizontally.
- Then, rotating the pads alternately to move the device sideways, it will eventually bump against the side window frame.
- And when the bump sensors detect the window frame, the robotic window cleaner will ‘crab’ its way down the window frame a little bit.
- Then the device will set off sideways in the other direction, in a straight line, to the opposite window frame.
- Repeating this process, the automatic window cleaner works its way down the window, in what we call in a ‘Z’ pattern.
- And finally, when the bump sensors have detected the bottom of the window, the device will stop, beep, and wait to be picked up.
- Overall, it may take around 10 minutes to finish its cleaning run on a 1.2m x 2m glass sliding door.
There is a rope with carabiner to clip onto something fixed, just in case the cleaner is being used outdoors, or in a high place.
This is a safety measure, to reduce the risk of it hitting someone if it falls off the window. Which is rare, but it pays to be careful.
Also, there is a rechargeable backup battery on board, to allow the device to continue to cling to the window in the event of loss of the mains power.
This is also a safety measure, to prevent the device from falling off the glass in the event that the mains power plug is accidentally pulled out.
robotzoo Gecko II New robotic window cleaners are usually good at cleaning very dirty windows because of the rotating action of the pads.
But remember, if you are using a robot window cleaner Australia, then the windows won’t get very dirty between cleans!
The robotzoo Gecko II New window cleaner comes with an Australian compliant power supply.
And accessories and consumables from the robotzoo homesite.In addition, robotzoo provides a 12 month warranty on the Gecko II.
It’s the window cleaning robot Australia needs for a clear outlook in every home with big windows!
What do you need to know about robot window cleaner safety?
Robot window cleaners are very safe to run, when they’re used properly. And they can be a lot safer than trying to clean some windows by hand.
These days, there are households that use a window cleaning robot Australia wide, to save time and effort on the menial task of cleaning windows.
The devices connect to mains power, and so they should always be used in a dry environment, never in wet conditions.
But window spray is sometimes required, when the glass is especially dirty. And some robot window cleaners have onboard water sprays.
The devices operate at relatively low power and speeds, so it’s hard to hurt yourself using a robotic window cleaner. Unless one falls on you.
But as we mentioned, there’s a safety rope to help prevent that.
The AC Adapter is all important. It must comply with Australian standards, carry the RCM mark, and include the standard 3 pin Australian wall plug.
Heavy fines and jail sentences apply to anyone selling electrical equipment in Australia that is non-compliant with Australian safety standards. And so they should.
Many suppliers, particularly on Ebay, Amazon or Alibaba will ignore these points, either wilfully or out of ignorance.
Especially those overseas suppliers, selling online, who are out of reach of Australian law.
There is no protection for Australian consumers who try to save a few dollars buying from these overseas suppliers.So buyers beware!
If the window cleaner is being used on external windows high up, there is a remote possibility that it could fall and hit someone below.
That’s why all robotzoo robot window cleaners have a safety rope with a metal carabiner clip to attach them to something fixed.
If the device falls off, the safety rope should prevent any damage being done.